- Lionfish Derby, May 17th at Jib Room. The Captain’s Meeting on May 16th 5:30 – 7 at the Jib Room. NEW RULES this year. Those teams competing for the top 3 cash prizes must provide an observer for the tournament. All observers will be placed randomly on boats competing for top 3 prizes. Other entrants will still be eligible for $1 per lion fish up to 100 fish. All participants are eligible for additional prizes for largest and smallest lionfish.
- BREEF Eco-Schools and Bah. National Coastal Awareness Committee present the “Coastal Awareness Climate Change Action Day Competition“. Deadline: Friday May 9th. Schools can win cash prizes and a pizza party, businesses can win a full-page newspaper ad!
- Scholarship opportunity for Abaco students to participate in FRIENDS’ summer field courses! Download an application.
- Rocking with FRIENDS, June 7th at Firefly Sunset Resort, Elbow Cay
- Great articles by Larry Smith about ASAC Conference, status of Conch, and his ASAC field trip to Gilpin Point