Mermaid Reef is a community protected reef located along Pelican Shores in Marsh Harbour, Abaco.
- Moorings are available for daytime use by boats 28ft and under. Please check the condition of the mooring before leaving your boat – you are responsible for your boat and passengers. Here’s a helpful info sheet on moorings use and Bahamas fishing regulations.
- Artificial reef balls have been installed at the site to provide additional fish habitat. Spearfishing is prohibited at Mermaid Reef by law (no spearfishing within 200 yards of the shoreline).
- Mermaid Reef is a local site for coral research, helping us understand more about coral reef restoration, and the resilience of various coral species.
- FRIENDS offers field trips for school groups to snorkel at Mermaid Reef. Please contact us to sign up your class!
- Here are some daily actions you can take to help coral reefs! Download our one page guide.
- Check out our Project Coral page to learn more about coral reefs!
- Follow our Mermaid Reef page on Facebook, and share your photos!