Summer Internships [Download 2018 Internship Application]
***Applications are due by May 19th. Applicants will be notified by May 29th.***
The primary focus of a FRIENDS summer internship is assisting the education officer with environmental summer camps. While our operations are based in Marsh Harbour, FRIENDS’ camps span over six weeks in roughly five different communities, targeting five different age groups ranging from 3 years old to over 18. This internship is a great opportunity to gain hands on experience in marine education and conservation.
Although the internships will focus on environmental education they may not be limited to summer camps. FRIENDS will also require assistance with basic office administration, research centre maintenance, fundraisers and other events throughout the summer on an as-needed basis.
• Valid Drivers License
• Strong Swimmer
• Previous classroom/ camp experience
• Must be motivated and have interests in the environmental field • Organized, reliable and self-starting
- Assist with planning and implementation of classroom lessons
- Facilitate and participate in daily field trips to Abaco ecosystems, includingmangroves, coral reefs, pine forest, sea grass beds and more
- After camp chores, including setting up for the next day and tidying up campspace.
- Engage children in hands-on experiential activities
FRIENDS also hosts Bahamas Environment Steward Scholar (BESS) interns, high school work study students, and may have other opportunities throughout the year. Please contact us or visit our office to discuss how you can be involved with FRIENDS.